Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My outline and who was my subject again?

Hi Everyone,

The intended publication for my article is Texas Monthly. I had fun writing this article thought it was challenging to fit all the information I found in researching the violence of Juarez in a cohesive way that contributed to the piece. Although my Franklin outline could still use some work and my article could still use some restructuring I see it this way so far:

Main conflict:
Violence threatens organization's ability to continue

A: Casas por Cristo employs passionate individuals
B: Personal experience and testimony convince others

Resolution:
Casas por Cristo finds a way to survive

I'm really looking forward to deepening this article with other perspectives on why people are still coming through first-hand accounts and anecdotes from other builders about Travis and Roberta's passion in follow-up interviews throughout this week. This is, after all, a profile about Travis and Roberta even though my outline stresses the organization. I tried to utilize their history with the organization and its proximity to the events that have threatened the organization's success by profiling Travis and Roberta as an extension of the organization. Does that work? I feel like it does and though the title of this post pokes fun at the difficulty I had in focusing on a particular subject I do believe that this tactic will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment